Monday, November 19, 2012

All Aboard the Viking Express Part Two

 
 
Well, I only thought it fair.  I had gotten all the bells and whistles for my beloved Necchi Lelia 515 sewing machine, so I had to do the same for my workhorse Viking 6030!
 
 
 
 
 
I have never seen a full set of these particular cams, and when I saw them on Ebay with the cam holder, I bought them immediately.  It has the rare I cam -- $80.

 
 
 

Cam K is apparently rare and hard to find, so it will be the next cam I add to my collection.
 
 
I found this information online, but I don't know how true it is, except I HAVE found B1!
 
"Not all Cams have the same decorative stitches even though they may have the same letter.
I have found so far: A3, A4, A5, B2, B13, C1, C12, D3, D4, D12, E, F, G, H, I, J, K
(on the side of the Cam in the middle is stamped with a letter and sometimes a number)
So there are more possibilities than you probably realized! "
 
I will sell the duplicate cams on the Yahoo Sewitsforsale site and get my money back -- keeping the camholder for a few of the rarer cams that I know are still out there!
 
 
 
My next purchase was this Viking 6000 series instruction handbook.  I think it completes the collection nicely.  The Viking 6030 will be my dedicated cam embrodiery machine. 
 
 
 
I hate those clip on low shank feet that Viking has!  So instead I bought Pfaff feet instead!
 
My Viking 6030 had to wait for several years to get these goodies, but he managed to get far more expensive goodies than my Necchi Lelia 515!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment