Monday, November 19, 2012

The Holy Aprons!!!



I have been sewing like crazy lately on my "new" vintage sewing machines. 

Part of the reason is that I want to use up a lot of my huge stash of fabrics I have accumulated over the years.  Storage is getting to be a real issue for me. 

The other reason is that I want to be of service to the community.  So, I have gone back to making my design of aprons.  Why, you ask, do I sew aprons?  Well it is one item that I know will be appreciated by my area's church kitchens!  And with the scraps left over, I can make matching potholders. 



Over the last few years I have made and donated aprons to my home church.  This last weekend, I donated another 9 aprons that I made with gray cotton twill fabric and white cotton ties.  I donated these to another church -- the one my grandmother was instrumental in starting.

I have 10 yards of a nice 100% cotton chintz drapery fabric that I am thinking of using for the next church on my list.  I am planning to give them to my girlfriend's church by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment