Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Custom Kitchen Crafting



My mom taught me how to sew on a White treadle sewing machine! I really loved that old machine.




You make aprons, and I designed my own!  I made my own design both adjustable and reversible. One size fits everybody, tall short fat or skinny.  I sold some for fund raisers and gave some away as gifts along with matching potholders!




Sewing window valances and/or curtains is easy, calling for only a straight stitch and a little time on your part.


Making braided rugs is relaxing and a easy hobby to begin crafting.  There is little sewing to do, and you can be proud of your efforts.  An easy way to learn is to google ‘braided rag rug’ or ‘how to braid a rug’ to get ideas.  Here is a good place to start:  http://thecontrarianmom.com/2011/01/29/braided-rug-how-to-braid-your-own-rag-rug/

Below are some of my better efforts, and I have found that the process gets easier over time.






























No comments:

Post a Comment