Sunday, February 12, 2012

Better Red than Dead



"Red has more personal associations than any other color. Recognized as a stimulant, red is inherently exciting and the amount of red is directly related to the level of energy perceived. Red draws attention and a keen use of red as an accent can immediately focus attention on a particular element.

How the color red affects us physically

  • Increases enthusiasm

  • Stimulates energy and can increase the blood pressure, respiration, heartbeat, and pulse rate

  • Encourages action and confidence

  • Provides a sense of protection from fears and anxiety"


This old dishdrainer was just unusual enough to catch my eye, so when I saw it, I bought it.



I know this is a Bigen coffee pot, but that is not what I use it for.  I keep it by the stove and when frying bacon, I drain the grease into it.  When I need the grease for frying, I just warm the pot on the stove and pour it out.



    I have talked about how much I love Copco enameled cast iron cookware before, and I told you about my Aunt Kathyrn's red set that I now have.  I love it.



One of the first pieces of enameled cast iron I bought was this flame Descoware pot.




And how can I leave the subject of red without mentioning my red and white Robot Coupe R2 food processor again.



My mother had a patient at the V.A. Hospital she worked at make me this gorgeous pig bread board when I was 5 years old.  It has held a place of honor in EVERY kitchen I have ever worked in.


No comments:

Post a Comment